Elder Law Estate Planning
Comprehensive planning and litigation services for the elderly
As a firm with tradition of experience and devotion to family law, Barnes & Diehl has developed a comprehensive complement to our estate planning practice related to the unique needs of the elderly.
- Living wills: Living wills permit individuals to instruct their physicians concerning their end-of-live decisions. Our Virginia living will lawyers help clients in informing others of the type of care they do or do not wish to receive.
- Advanced medical directives: Advance medical directives provide for appointed individuals to make medical decisions when persons are incapable of making their own informed decisions about their medical care.
- Living trusts: A living trust allows you to maintain control over your assets during your lifetime and pass assets directly to a beneficiary upon your death while avoiding probate and the involvement of the courts. Our elder law attorneys can assist in creating a living trust that is tailored to achieve your needs and goals.
- Power of attorney: A power of attorney (POA) identifies a person who will make financial decisions for you should you become incapacitated.
- Benefit planning: We assist in all stages of planning for golden years, including planning applicable to Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security Disability, retirement funds, pensions, 401(k) plans and IRAs.
- Estate planning: We assist clients in creating tailored estate plans comprising wills, trusts and other instruments. We also handle comprehensive estate planning for same-sex couples of all ages
Our elder law practice and, in fact, our entire Estate Planning Group at Barnes & Diehl is centered on a personal approach for clients and the efficient, cost-effective creation of legally sound plans that protect assets and reinforce your wishes at all times. An elder law attorney from one of our three offices in Richmond/Chesterfield, Henrico or Hanover will work closely with you to identify your needs and goals, give a comprehensive analysis of assets and provide options for protection and distribution.
Contact Our Virginia Attorneys for Assistance With Living Wills, Benefit Planning and Other Estate or Elder Law Needs
Contact the Richmond/Chesterfield, Henrico or Hanover law offices of Barnes & Diehl today to speak with an experienced Virginia elder law lawyer who will answer your questions in a language you can understand and offer advice on the best methods to protect your assets and your family during the senior years