Compassionate representation from Start to Finish
A Tradition of Experience and Devotion focusing on Family Law issues
A Virginia divorce will be decided according to due diligence and good faith negotiations on the part of an attorney with a comprehensive understanding of Virginia law and the interpersonal skills necessary to identify and achieve your legal goals. At Barnes & Diehl, P.C., we maintain three Richmond, VA offices to help clients secure timely and cost-effective resolution to issues and disputes that arise when a married couple chooses to live apart and begin separate lives:
- Divorce – Contested / Uncontested: even when a divorce is uncontested by both parties, you will still need a skilled legal advocate to properly draft, review and file all necessary paperwork to ensure that your rights are protected and that your agreements are legally sound.
- Child Custody & Support
- Adoption Issues: including step-parent adoption.
- Estate Planning, Wills & Trusts: an estate plan after a divorce is a necessity to account for changing life circumstances and to clearly state your wishes related to assets and the care of minor children.
- Criminal Defense: Defense of charges related to accusations of domestic violence, child molestation or sexual assault, including false or retaliatory accusations intended to influence a divorce case.
- Alimony / Spousal Support
- “Equitable Distribution” – Asset Protection / Property Division
- Debt Allocation
- Effects on a Business / Tax Issues
- Distribution of retirement plans / pensions (401k / IRA)
Alternative Issues Resolution
At the offices of Barnes & Diehl, P.C. are experienced Richmond, Virginia, divorce attorneys capable of aggressively representing our client’s interests at all levels of the state and federal courts. We are, however, strong advocates for mediation and other non-court solutions where appropriate. In many cases, thoughtful negotiation can save you time, money and allow more flexible agreements than might be mandated by the courts.
Since 1978, Barnes & Diehl, P.C. has helped families in Richmond and throughout Virginia struggling through a divorce to avoid issues and find closure. If you are considering a divorce or have been served with divorce papers, CONTACT a Richmond, Virginia divorce attorney from one of our three offices in Richmond/Chesterfield, Henrico or Hanover today for a comprehensive review of your rights and responsibilities.